Jump to content


Host Your Own Contest!


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Treasure

Treasure

    CEO

  • Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

As you know, TreasureTrooper is all about cash, contests, and community.  This philosophy is what keeps things fun and fresh and it appears that it has become contagious as many of our members have asked if they could host and fund their own contest.  Well, we'd like to give you that opportunity and make it easier to do so.  Member funded contest will work like this:

1) Member will propose a contest idea and cash prize amount by private messaging Nikkums and await approval.

2) If approved, Nikkums will let us know the amount that will be withdrawn from their TT account on a balance that exceeds $20.

3) TreasureTrooper will match each prize dollar with 1 dragon scale ($5 would equal 5 scales, etc).

4) TreasureTrooper will post a link to the contest on Facebook, and Tweet about it to draw attention.

5) Member will host their contest in this forum and manage all aspects of the contest: Rules, Communication, Winner Selection, etc.

6) Member will let Nikkums know who the winners of their contest is, and what amount of cash needs to be dispersed to each.

7) We will add the winnings directly into the winners' accounts!

#2 nikkums

nikkums

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I look forward to receiving your contest ideas via private message! Posted Image

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


#3 ababab

ababab

    Metal Detector

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

So if my prize amount is $25  it will be taken out my account and can yourself win!
Posted Image

#4 nikkums

nikkums

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

View Postababab, on 13 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

So if my prize amount is $25  it will be taken out my account and can yourself win!

I'm kind of confused based on how you worded your context... When you say, 'can yourself win', are you asking if you can win the contest that you yourself host?

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


#5 ababab

ababab

    Metal Detector

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postnikkums, on 13 March 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

View Postababab, on 13 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

So if my prize amount is $25  it will be taken out my account and can yourself win!

I'm kind of confused based on how you worded your context... When you say, 'can yourself win', are you asking if you can win the contest that you yourself host?

yes  thats what i mean
Posted Image

#6 nikkums

nikkums

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postababab, on 14 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

View Postnikkums, on 13 March 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

View Postababab, on 13 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

So if my prize amount is $25  it will be taken out my account and can yourself win!

I'm kind of confused based on how you worded your context... When you say, 'can yourself win', are you asking if you can win the contest that you yourself host?

yes  thats what i mean

Since you are hosting and funding it, you cannot particpate in the contest or win. You are merely hosting a contest for other Troopers.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


#7 ababab

ababab

    Metal Detector

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

oh ok thanks
Posted Image

#8 twistnshout

twistnshout

    Beginner

  • VIP Club Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Would it be possible to allow us to host contests through other currencies from our account instead of just cash, like gold coins, dragon scales, etc. ?
Posted Image

#9 GLMoney

GLMoney

    Grave Robber

  • VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

This is a great idea! I just saw this today for some reason, but I am already brainstorming about what I want to do. It would be even better if we could have more than one person invest in the contest. Otherwise, just wait 'til I'm Mr. Moneybags... :D

Edited by GLMoney, 09 May 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image
Accomplishments:
[x] Earn $200 Total
[x] Earn $500 & Become VIP
[x] Complete 100 offers
[x] Complete 500 offers

[x] Complete 100 surveys
[ ] Complete 500 surveys
[x] Complete Treasure Hunt
[ ] Get "happiness"
Trooper ID# 823340

#10 nikkums

nikkums

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostGLMoney, on 09 May 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

This is a great idea! I just saw this today for some reason, but I am already brainstorming about what I want to do. It would be even better if we could have more than one person invest in the contest. Otherwise, just wait 'til I'm Mr. Moneybags... :D

Contests are only allowed to be funded by the member hosting the contest. Meaning, the prize will only be as much as you are willing to give... No other members can help invest in funding it. This stipulation was created to avoid many hassles and it's non-negotiable. Sorry.

I look forward to hearing your contest idea, when you are Mr. Moneybags. :)

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users