Welcome to your 5th Annual - 2013 College Football Contest!
*Please enjoy the beauty, the competition, and the profound love that only college football can bring to our hearts*
I am extremely excited about the coming football season.
To date, I have 10 college football games booked to attend in person.
7 in Iowa City, IA
2 in Ames, IA
1 in Minneapolis, MN
August 31st represents a double - Northern Illinois @ Iowa and Northern Iowa @ Iowa State (night game).
One only knows they are hooked on college football when they attend 2 college football games in one day.
I will do my best to pick up a couple of more games when Iowa is out out town or their 2 bye weeks.
Northern Iowa (my home town in Cedar Falls, IA) looks to have a national championship caliber team this year and as Kurt Warner would know, they play all their home games in a dome.
P.S. - I will be spending a week in Ft. Myers, FL during the Christmas season with family!
Please enjoy the lovely lady and her #1 hit in concert! - RIP
http://www.last.fm/m...ow/_/Poetry Man -
Phoebe Snow suffered a cerebral hemorrhage on January 19, 2010 and slipped into a coma, enduring bouts of blood clots, pneumonia, and congestive heart failure. Snow died on April 26, 2011 at age 60 in Edison, New Jersey.
http://www.phoebesnow.com/ - she gave birth to a severely brain damaged daughter, Valerie Rose. Snow resolved not to institutionalize Valerie, and cared for her at home until Valerie died on March 19, 2007, at the age of 31.
(SIGNUP CLOSES KICKOFF OF 1ST GAME ON SATURDAY AUGUST 31ST)
Post #1 - Main Thread & Rules
Post #2 - The Contestants & Weekly Point Totals
Post #3 - Schedule Of Weekly Games
Prize Money -
1st - $40.
2nd - $30.
3rd - $20.
4th - 15th - $5. each
Bonus - The top three who beat Hawkeye (not tie) win an additional $5.00
Rules: (contest requires one weekly post)
1. 1st week starts Saturday. Aug. 31st for a minimum of 12 weeks (a minimum of 10 games per week) -1 point each
2. Post Season Bowl Games (35) start (Saturday Dec. 21st) - 3 points each
3. BCS Bowl Games (4) start (Wednesday Jan. 1st) - 5 points each
4. BCS National Championship (Monday Jan. 6th) - 10 points
5. Pick the winner each game - always a 50-50 chance of correct answer
6. All games each week will be posted no later than Sunday evening for the following Saturday.
7. One entry per member per week.
8. You may revise your (original post only) each week up to kickoff of any scheduled 1st game for that week (roughly 11 AM CST on Saturdays). I do not hold it against any contestant if they post late but points will be deducted if their predicted winner is leading after they post.
9. All payments at the conclusion of the contest will be paid by PayPal or Money Order only.
10. In case of any ties at the conclusion of the contest, 1st winning post starting with the BCS National Championship and going backwards will prevail.
11. Any contestant who will be gone the full week of any contest (Sunday, from the posting of any weekly contest, through Saturday of the first scheduled games) may PM me with the details and I will post your picks for you. Only picks allowed will be favorites of any opening line. Bonus Points excluded.
1st Annual College Football Contest - http://forum.treasur...l-contest-2009/ - Winner "sarahricks"
2nd Annual College Football Contest - http://forum.treasur...l-contest-2010/ - Winner "BikerGirl"
3rd Annual College Football Contest - http://forum.treasur...l-contest-2011/ - Winner "nikkums"
4th Annual College Football Contest - http://forum.treasur...l-contest-2012/ - Winner "Mewpie"
Feel free to discuss anything related to college football - contest, questions, your favorite team, etc.) - Punkyc7 will be my assistant and can answer any questions.
Peace, Love, & Happiness
Edited by Hawkeye, 15 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.