• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fester

fester

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

Are you serious? Every samplicio survey in "study storm" over $1 is locked?

So, I have to wait a month to get it unlocked and then a month to actually get it? LOL, really?

Edited by fester, 13 August 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#2 Zach360

Zach360

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

All Study Storm surveys are locked, regardless of the amount. This is to ensure that no fishy activity is going on and to protect against any reversals that may occur. :)
Posted Image

#3 fester

fester

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

I understand now. I just found that odd as I've never seen any other GPT site do that for amounts less than $3.00. So, any surveys I do will take 2 months for me to be paid then?

#4 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9768 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

Your 2-month estimate is not accurate (unless you haven't made the minimum, which is a completely different issue). Locking means only that you can't request it in an Instant Pay until after the 15th of next month. These earnings still count toward your eligibility for payout, though. Let's say you complete a Study Storm today. It'll be locked--that is, you can't receive it in an Instant Pay--until September 15. However, if you make the minimum by August 31--and again, the Study Storm earnings are included in figuring the minimum for this purpose--and are thus on track for the regular monthly payout route, it'll still be paid out to you during the September 15-20 payout period. The most you'd ever have to wait is a little over 45 days, and that's assuming you took it on the first of the month. If you take it on the last day of the month, it'll be under three weeks. (All of this is based on having achieved the payout minimum, of course.) If you're on the regular monthly payout schedule, it's no different than any other earnings. If you opt to do Instant Pay, it's locked till the 15th of the following month, and then you can request it, so basically it's the same as any earnings for those who don't do Instant Pay. (Please note that Instant Pay is unavailable for a day or two right on the 15th while the regular monthly payout is being processed, so it may be the 16th or 17th before you can actually request funds that were unlocked on the 15th.)

What many people don't understand is that our affiliate networks don't pay us till midway through the month following completions. That's why the payout schedule was originally set up the way it was (well prior to the advent of Instant Pay). Basically, with Instant Pay, TT is advancing money that it has not yet been paid and--here's the important part--has not yet been assured that it will be paid. When offers or surveys are reversed by the provider, it puts TT in a bad position if the money has already been paid out. If our policies were more lax, it would just be too easy for some frauder to come in here, do a bunch of surveys and/or offers using fake information, get the money right away, and then disappear, leaving TT holding the bag when the approvals were reversed. This policy keeps TT in the black, which we would argue is good for everybody! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users