• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cubboo

Cubboo

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

can the security certificated not be fixed or signed by someone like a treasure trooper tech? i dont understand... for about two years now chat has always prompted a pop up saying the certificated isnt signed and could put your computer at risk... not with the new java update it blocks it completely... i just want to get into chat... ive even added treasure trooper to the exception list on my java control center and it still wont get me in... can this be looked into and fixed??

#2 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Cubboo, I will be looking at this tomorrow, but abridged version is it SHOULD be signed.  Sorry for the inconvenience. In the mean time, look into IRC clients such as mIRC for a temporary (and not as awesome) solution.

The server address is treasuretrooper.com, port 6667 and channel #TreasureTrooper
Posted Image

#3 Cubboo

Cubboo

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hey Tech. I got into it finally by adding it to the java control panel as an exception. It has said for about a year at least that the certificated isnt signed. Java has now updated their policy on the new verison they put out and it now blocks it completely. I was going to do the IRC client if the exception list didnt work this time but it did work... im sure most dont know how to do an IRC client so def worth looking into why Java is blocking it. Thanks for helping

#4 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

Java is indeed tough Cubboo.  Thanks for the update on the workaround!

#5 Cubboo

Cubboo

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

no problem Treasure... if you need me to post what to do for others then you make a post on how to do it so others can see it i will... also Tech im posting here exactly what the security prompt says so maybe that will help.

It says: This app will run with unrestricted access which may put your computer and personal info at risk. The info provided is unreliable or unknown so it is recommended not to run this app unless you are familiar with its source

The certificate used to idntify this app has expired

Thats what I get only after I put TT on my exceptions list in java control

#6 Shelly

Shelly

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

being blocked from chat room again even though ive added it to my exception list keeps telling me ceftificate failed to be validated any help would be appreciated on what to do please

#7 Shelly

Shelly

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

ok never mind got it thanks

#8 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

Cubboo, if you would be willing to make a detailed post, I will see that the information is merged with our other chatroom tech threads.

#9 FangSword

FangSword

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for bringing this up Cubboo, I have had the same problem, Java blocked it completely <_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 FangSword

FangSword

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Update: I have done what Cubboo has done and added it to my exception list, it still isn't working and tells me Java doesn't support the link when I go on chatroom page, the thing is, I also have McAfee site advisor and that is telling me that the link is perfectly fine and has been checked by McAffee and that there are no security issues, it is just Java that has the problem, and I don't know how to do that server thing that Treasure Tech is talking about <_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users