• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 akathedoc

akathedoc

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:10 AM

Can anybody help me out, I'm tying to figure out how to change my default search enginge to the treasure trooper Cash search engine, but can't seem to figure it out on mozilla... Has anybody out there been able to or have done this with firefox? Also does Treasure trooper have their own toolbar that i can install that would have the engine as a part of the toolbar? Like always, any feed back wlll be extremely appreciated :)
Posted Image

#2 jonathan21

jonathan21

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:21 AM

Therre does not seem to be any plugin that I can see ao you will just have to set as you homepage instead.
Posted Image

#3 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:31 AM

You can bookmark it or make it your homepage, but you can't make it your default.

Apparently, the correct statement would be: you can't make it your default without modifying Firefox.

#4 Helmut

Helmut

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

You can download a Firefox add-on that will allow you to make TT search your default search engine. After you download and install the add-on, go to the TT search page and right click on the search box. In the context menu, select "Add to search bar....". Next, go to the search bar at the top of your browser, near the address bar. Click on the magnifying glass and select "Change Search Settings" from the drop down menu. Now, just deselect you default search engine and click on TT search so that a check mark appears beside it. The link to the Firefox add-on is:

https://addons.mozil...-to-search-bar/
Posted Image

#5 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

Please note that we here at TreasureTrooper cannot attest to the safety or security of any add-on (especially, perhaps, one posted by someone calling him-/herself Dr. Evil! :P ). In other words, use add-ons at your own risk. (No offense, Helmut. We appreciate the information. We just can't endorse it without checking it out further and, frankly, I'm not trying it on my own browser!)

#6 Helmut

Helmut

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

Good point, empressmom, I understand and agree. Download and use at your on risk, akathedoc.
Posted Image

#7 akathedoc

akathedoc

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Thank you Helmut!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users