• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#11 tara1998

tara1998

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

I bake almost every day, but have no bundt pan. May I showcase some monkey cinnamon cookies or monkey muffins instead? I really feel I should be a part of this.
Posted Image

#12 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

View Posttara1998, on 11 August 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

I bake almost every day, but have no bundt pan. May I showcase some monkey cinnamon cookies or monkey muffins instead? I really feel I should be a part of this.

It's ideally done in a bundt or tube pan, tara, but the defining feature of monkey bread is that it contains separate dough segments that are all mushed (rhymes with pushed LOL) together for baking but pulled apart to eat. You can make monkey muffins, as long as there are defined pieces of individual (baked) dough that get pulled off, or you can bake it, that is, the mushed-together segments, in any kind of cake pan (round, square, or rectangular). Cookies would not qualify as monkey bread, though. :)

#13 swagnite

swagnite

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Photo-      
http://i284.photobuc...zpsfdfkotjz.jpg

Easy Monkey Bread
3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough1 cup white sugar2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1/2 cup margarine1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)1/2 cup raisinsAdd all ingredients to list

Directions

1 hPreheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt® pan.Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.

Well mine looks terrible compared to everyone else's. Gonna have to try making again in near future. This was fun!

Edited by swagnite, 16 August 2015 - 08:48 AM.

You may NOT post your egg link on the forum. Please read the rules!

#14 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Just credited you all with 20 dragon scales each.

And... now I'm salivating!
Posted Image

#15 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hurrah! Thanks for the contest idea, Doc and hlynn, and thanks for those scales, Treasurer. This was really fun. :)

#16 krishna7581

krishna7581

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

hey anyone how to do this

#17 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postkrishna7581, on 19 December 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

hey anyone how to do this

This is during the summer, krishna, and is no longer active. Sorry you missed it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat, contest, baking, recipe, recipes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users