19 replies to this topic

#1 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

If you would like to ask questions about or discuss the current Treasure Tag Contest, then you've come to the right place!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 FangSword

FangSword

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

Nikkums can I just confirm - so if you complete 3 storms in one day you get Homebase and you can ONLY use this once someone tags you? Nowhere near 3 storms today but I just wanna check incase I get it so I use it properly and don't get eliminated!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostFangSword, on 14 June 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

Nikkums can I just confirm - so if you complete 3 storms in one day you get Homebase and you can ONLY use this once someone tags you? Nowhere near 3 storms today but I just wanna check incase I get it so I use it properly and don't get eliminated!!

That is correct. In order to use your homebase the day that you earn it, you must wait until you are tagged that day and then use it while you are making your post tagging someone else.

#4 stellarluna

stellarluna

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

Can you tag the person who tagged you? Or do you have to chose someone who hasn't been tagged yet?

#5 jonathan21

jonathan21

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

you can tag anyone thats not been eliminated.if they have not been elimintaed then yes you can tag them back.
Posted Image

#6 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

View Poststellarluna, on 15 June 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

Can you tag the person who tagged you? Or do you have to chose someone who hasn't been tagged yet?

Currently you can tag the person that tagged you unless they have used a homebase. As more and more people get eliminated different rules are added. One being that when there is only 5 active participants left, back to back tagging isn't allowed. But I will announce when that rule begins to take place, which isn't for a while.

#7 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:22 AM

On page 11 drag29's 11:08 a.m. post out of turn, rendered him out. Page 1 of the Treasure Tag Begins Now thread states: " If someone has been eliminated and tags you and you tag someone else, then you are out.  You must wait for us to discover when somebody is out.  We will, at that point, cross them out on the participants list and tag somebody else at random."

Even tgreene66 said in chat she wasn't sure if she should have tagged anyone after drag29's 11:08 a.m. post.

In my opinion, when drag29 posted at 11:08 it invalidated forestfreebies' (formerly valid) 10:28 a.m. tag of tgreene66.

Accordingly, in my opinion, we all should have done what was in the directions and wait for it to be discovered that drag29 was eliminated and someone else to be tagged at random, as per the instructions.

Thus I feel all of the ppl that posted tags following drag29's 11;08 a.m. incorrect tag should be eliminated.

No disrespect intended. This is my understanding of the rules when it said to wait.  

#8 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

The rules further state: "You may only post if you were "tagged" in the previous post

When tgreene66 posted/tagged at 11:57; she was not the person tagged in the previous post. Again rather than posted I believe tgreene66 should have waited "for us to discover when somebody is out.  We will, at that point, cross them out on the participants list and tag somebody else at random.".

So I believe tgreene66's tagging of silentescape at 11:57 is cause for tgreene66 to be eliminated as she a) was not person tagged in previous post and B) did not wait for "us to discover when somebody is out.  We will, at that point, cross them out on the participants list and tag somebody else at random.".

Further the rules state: "If someone has been eliminated and tags you and you tag someone else, then you are out.
us since I believe, based on the rules, that tgreene66's 11:57 tag of silentescape rendered tgreene66 eliminated.

Accordingly by silentescape responding to tgreene66's tag; when based on the rules tgreene66 should have been eliminated, based on the rules, that silentescape should be eliminated as she failed to wait for "for us to discover when somebody is out.  We will, at that point, cross them out on the participants list and tag somebody else at random.".

And so on...

Edited by cassie, 21 June 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#9 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Be advised I tagged under protest today at 2:01 p.m.as the issue had not been resolved.

#10 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

Yes, drag29 posted without being tagged and he eliminated himself and nullified forestfreebies active tag. At that point everyone should have waited for me to get on to eliminate him and make an active tag. However, that did not happen. The tags kept taking place, despite what the rules stated, which would have lead to each participant that posted eliminating themselves. The contest would have been over had there been at least one participant that didn't post. However, every single remaining active participant posted and therefore there can not be a winner because of that.

Drag29 will be eliminated and the final 5 participants will pick up where the contest left off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users