#11 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

For the record nikkums, I did not want to tag and did so only:

a) after seeking clarification while simultaneously attempting to explain my position (in chat) to TreasureTech, other contest participants, and the chat-room members that were present. I entered chat and asked about it the very moment I saw the discrepancy. I was tagged at 12:02 p.m. and spent the next almost 3 hours researching past TT Tag contests, decisions, and threads in an effort to make sure that my understanding of Treasure Trooper Tag’s rules and procedures was rooted in facts. I presented my position (that drag29 & the other 4 contest participants were eliminated) in a non-defensive and objective manner. I did not try to sway others based on my opinion, but took the time to paste the contest rules and prior statements & explanations by nikkums that supported my conclusion.

In return, I was basically mocked (this is my subjective conclusion). Factually, however I was compared to a dog that would not leave a bone alone and openly mocked. However, I maintained my civility. I could have sarcastically suggested that they get   Hooked on Phonics and maybe it could help them increase their reading comprehension. Someone actually remarked they regretted tagging me. This was stated in a manner that would lead people to conclude that I was the issue or problem; and not the fact that several people had inadvertently failed to follow the clearly stated rules and directions. Once I was advised by TreasureTech to stop commenting on it and to leave it alone, until you made a decision, I did;

B) after further seeking clarification and simultaneously attempting to explain my position in the Treasure Trooper forum on this very thread;

c) waiting until 1 hour and 59 minutes after I was tagged as I kept hoping TreasureTech would see the light (as he was listed as a user that was reading the TT Tag's current contest thread topic) or that you would pop in and save the day;

d) "under protest" as I did not concur with the instruction that I received that I had to tag someone before my 2 hours were up or I'd be eliminated. I knew based on the clearly stated rules that drag29 and the remaining participants had eliminated themselves and thus I was the last one left standing, by making me tag someone, under threat of elimination, it essentially stripped me of the win that I had gained through the others’ mistakes.

“Under protest” is a legal concept that qualifies that the action I took was clearly contrary to my desire, will. or expressed intentions. The purpose of qualifying that an action is being done only "under protest" is to preserve the person's right to pursue further action, judgment, relief, or claim.

The chat log’s record will bear witness that I conveyed all of the foregoing in the chat-room, even declaring myself the winner. I was instructed by TreasureTech, a Treasure Trooper (moderator, staff, administration, partner, or owner - or all of the above ~ I'm not sure which), that my stance on the issue was incorrect and that I had to tag someone within the 2 hours or I would be eliminated. TreasureTech stated that if he was wrong, that he would face nikkums.

I was placed in a no win situation (pun intended, albeit somewhat ironically). I was advised to tag, or I'd be eliminated; despite the fact that I presented all of the information to prove that based on Treasure Trooper Tag’s own clearly stated contest rules (which were the same for all the threads I viewed from 2013 – present with the exception of adding in the home base feature) that the others had eliminated themselves.

Even though I knew I was right, and that based on the clearly stated rules, that drag29 and the other 4 had eliminated themselves from the contest; I felt doomed based on the conversations and directions given to me in chat. I was advised I’d be eliminated if I did not tag, despite my presentation of the TT Tag’s contest rules which were to the contrary.

I was concerned that if I did not tag as directed to, by TreasureTech (a TT person of authority) that when nikkums came back and accessed the contest, the outcome would have been that drag29 would have been eliminated for his 11:08 a.m. post, then tgrene66, SilentEscape, fangsword, & forestfreebies would have been disqualified for their chain-reaction unauthorized tags, and then I would have been eliminated for failure to follow TreasureTech’s instruction to tag someone w/in the 2 hours; or I’d be eliminated. At the time and under the contest’s time constraints TreasureTech was the senior person in authority in Treasure Trooper's chat-room.

Yet, I knew that the directed tagging, essentially would steal the win that was already mine, hence why  I did not want to tag anyone; and only did so because I was advised I’d be eliminated if I didn’t.

In summary, I am not sure where the confusion stemmed from, but in my opinion, the rules were quite clear. Why else would I be so bold as to declare myself the Victor. I do not believe I should have been told to tag within the 2 hour guidelines or I’d be eliminated.

In order to right this wrong; I believe I should be declared the winner and receive the first-place prize. I believe forestfreebies should get second place as she had the last valid post prior to drag29’s mistake. As there was clearly some confusion, I believe Treasure Trooper should start another round of TreasureTrooper Tag forthwith – which I, forestfreebies, and tgreene66 should not be allowed to participate.

#12 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

every time I do a b it gives me a smiley...

#13 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

If for example we have 3 storms approve by 10 a.m. on Day A; then we are tagged and use our homestead, but then have an additional 3 storms approve on the same Day A (bringing total approved storms number to 6). Can we then use homestead for the second time on Day A?

#14 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

There is no wrong to further be righted. If there were questions about this contest, they should have been asked right here in this discussion thread and a response from me would have been provided with correct information. That is why this thread was created. TreasureTech has absolutely nothing to do with the hosting or moderating of Treasure Tag, nor do any of the other chat room staff. They can only answer questions to the best of their ability and sometimes that information can be wrong. It can happen, especially when it comes to contests. All you can do is take the information you are given and make your own decision. The fact is, you believed that you what you were saying was so correct and right that you talked about it in chat lengthly and even had the audacity to make a post on the Forums declaring yourself the winner. And when that post disappeared, you then posted two more lengthy in regards to the ripple effect that occured after drag29 posted out of turn. Whether you posted 'under protest' or not, you still chose to post, which meant you violated the rules just like everyone else. That was the 'wrong'. I reviewed everything and made a decision. It was either eliminate drag29 and continue where we left off or render the contest over by default with absolutely no winner, since everyone either got eliminated or eliminated themselves. I made a decision and 'righted' the wrong by allowing the contest to continue until we have a winner.

So, the contest will continue where it left off, just as I already officially ruled. This is not up for further discussion.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#15 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

View Postcassie, on 21 June 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

If for example we have 3 storms approve by 10 a.m. on Day A; then we are tagged and use our homestead, but then have an additional 3 storms approve on the same Day A (bringing total approved storms number to 6). Can we then use homestead for the second time on Day A?

For future reference, yes, you would be able to use multiple homebases in one day, but only one per turn. So you would need to be tagged twice in one day to use both if you earn two.

However, since we are now down to three participants, homebases are no longer allowed.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#16 FangSword

FangSword

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

I'm out - I fell asleep and slept through my alarm :( Good luck to the final 3!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 cassie

cassie

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Best of luck to the final 2!!!

#18 SilentEscape

SilentEscape

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

Congrats forestfreebies!

#19 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Thank you nikkums for hosting, and everyone for participating. This was lots of fun! :)

#20 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

And a big thank you to Treasure for letting this contest happen and proving the funding! TT rocks! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users