37 replies to this topic

#11 FangSword

FangSword

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

Do you need to buy the thing you take the picture with for certain tasks? For example the maple syrup task? Or could you take a picture in the store then put it back?

Edited by FangSword, 02 July 2016 - 02:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

Yup, taking a picture in the store with the required object is fine. :)

#13 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostFangSword, on 02 July 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

View Postforestfreebies, on 02 July 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Do you have the equivalent paper currency for any other small amount? That could work. Or if not, you can just use two £5 notes, a £10 and a £20. :)

Nope. As I said £1 notes aren't in circulation anymore. So the smallest in notes that we have is £5 :/

And as I said, if you don't have paper currency in a small amount, you can just use two £5 notes, a £10 and a £20.

#14 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

Announcement to all participants. Please read. This is very important.

Please note that according to the contest rules, you must have your whole face (not half your face), in every photo. Otherwise, your photo will be disqualified. If you make a mistake in one photo, that photo will be disqualified. You will not be disqualified from the entire contest.

Also. The rules have been tweaked and specifications have been added. Loopholing is not allowed. It is up to you to follow the rules and do every task correctly.

As of today, I will no longer be telling people what they're doing wrong in their photos. It will be up to participants to read the rules carefully and follow them exactly as specified.

Thanks everyone! Have fun! :)

Edited by forestfreebies, 03 July 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#15 jonathan21

jonathan21

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:00 AM

95. You eating a Granny Smith apple.

can this be any apple we dont have granny smith.sorry for lateness. still trying to find what i can do
Posted Image

#16 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

View Postjonathan21, on 04 July 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

95. You eating a Granny Smith apple.

can this be any apple we dont have granny smith.sorry for lateness. still trying to find what i can do

Granny Smith apples are the only ones I can find here in Canada that are green, which is why I specified this variety in the task. I am trying not to tweak the rules too much, so I think i will leave this rule as is. Hopefully you will be able to do some of the other tasks that feature green items. Good luck! :)

#17 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

3. You with a real house/mobile home that is entirely green. (Cannot be a toy house.)

For this this task are you just looking for the outside of the house to be green all the way around? I've found several houses in which the actual house itself is green, but the things people add as accents to the outside (like shutters) are not green. Does the shutters and everything have to be green or just the actual house?

114.  You among local weeds taller than your head.

Can there be some leniency on this one? I have been all over multiple towns looking for really tall weeds and I haven't been able to find any weeds that are taller then Zach's head, probably because he is 6'1". :lol: We've come across a few that are really tall, just not taller then his head. More like shoulder length to him.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#18 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

View Postnikkums, on 12 July 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

3. You with a real house/mobile home that is entirely green. (Cannot be a toy house.)

For this this task are you just looking for the outside of the house to be green all the way around? I've found several houses in which the actual house itself is green, but the things people add as accents to the outside (like shutters) are not green. Does the shutters and everything have to be green or just the actual house?

It's fine if just the house itself is green. I will need to be able to see a as much of the house as possible though to make sure the house is green on more then one side.

114.  You among local weeds taller than your head.

Can there be some leniency on this one? I have been all over multiple towns looking for really tall weeds and I haven't been able to find any weeds that are taller then Zach's head, probably because he is 6'1". :lol: We've come across a few that are really tall, just not taller then his head. More like shoulder length to him.

Ooh, yeah, it's fine to just use really tall weeds. I'm only 5'4", so "shoulder height" compared to Zach is "really tall" compared to me. So as long as they're taller than say, 5'0", that works.

#19 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

130. You beside a chest in an antiques store.

Can you specify or show me the type of chest you are looking for? We speant over 2 hours in 2 different antique stores and only came across two things that stated they were chests.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#20 forestfreebies

forestfreebies

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

Here's the sort of thing I'm looking for:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users