• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Shih

Shih

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

Yes. Support directed me to post in the Forum for help.

#12 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

If you want to give DS 8 one more try, then do exactly what I do. With no browser open, clear your cookies first with CCleaner. Then use Firefox to take DS 8. Forget the surveys. Do the sign up thingy at the end. I have not had any issues with DS 8, in at least months, maybe years at this point.

#13 Shih

Shih

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

I've a question. Does the page with the sliders that starts out with "Please tell us the percentage of influence you have on each of the following purchases in your home. (If you are the sole decision maker on a specific type of purchase, slide the scale all the way to 100%. If you share the decision equally with someone else in your home, leave the slider in the middle. If you play no part in that type of decision, slide the scale all the way to 0%)" load funny for anyone? The 1st slider regarding groceries loads as usual, while the next 6 sliders load partially, or short, compared to my previous experience with DS8.

#14 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostShih, on 25 February 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

I've a question. Does the page with the sliders that starts out with "Please tell us the percentage of influence you have on each of the following purchases in your home. (If you are the sole decision maker on a specific type of purchase, slide the scale all the way to 100%. If you share the decision equally with someone else in your home, leave the slider in the middle. If you play no part in that type of decision, slide the scale all the way to 0%)" load funny for anyone? The 1st slider regarding groceries loads as usual, while the next 6 sliders load partially, or short, compared to my previous experience with DS8.

Yes, it sure does. It's been doing that to me for like two weeks. I always thought it was just something on my comptuer that needed updated since it's been doing it on every browser I use. Guess it's just that part of the survey in general. It never affects my DS8 approving, so that's good.

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#15 Shih

Shih

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

Whew! Using Firefox totally worked! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! MikeSol...you are the best!

And good to know I'm not the only one with differences on that slider page Nikkums.

Thank you to everyone for your help & for posting regarding my DS8 issues!

#16 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:54 AM

Shih, did you also clear your cookies in the way I told you to? I would expect that to have greater influence then your browser. And yes, the sliders have not worked right for a few weeks now.

#17 Shih

Shih

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

I use CCleaner several times a day...always have. I also go here to clean my Flash settings ... http://www.macromedi..._manager07.html ... as well as flush my dns (can't remember why) before re-booting to keep things honest. So, I have to believe something changed in my Chrome settings to cause DS8 to give me so much grief <_< But I tried on my phone, using Boat browser, as well...so who knows?

#18 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Ok. Just keep taking DS 8 in Firefox then. Hopefully it keeps crediting for you. Good luck.

#19 replymail2009

replymail2009

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

It should work with your phone with no issues. I've done this before and it's always credited.

When I completed ds8 X out all my open windows.Then  I cleared my history and it worked.

Posted Image

#20 Shih

Shih

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

Thank you replymail2009. I had been completing & also receiving credit for DS8 nearly every day for years using Chrome on my laptop. On occasion I did the same using other browsers on my phone or iPad. I could not get DS8 to credit beginning Feb. 1st. After days of trying different scenarios to get it to credit, I all but totally gave up on the stinking thing. At this point, I really didn't think changing browsers would make a difference. After all, I'd used Chrome, Safari & Boat browsers on different devices. I don't know why DS8 finally credited in Firefox (it still won't credit in Chrome), but I'm glad it did. 50 cents a day isn't a lot, but every little bit helps when on a fixed income.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users