Study Storms - How is this one supposed to work exactly?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:09 AM

Every Study Storm I try just takes me to Your Surveys. Is this correct? The account it takes me to is not my typical Your Surveys account that I take under DS 5. I know this because the quality score is different. So I tried to take a Study Storm today and Your Surveys came back with the message 'You are temporarily blocked from completing surveys. This is typically related to the connection you are logging in from. The temporary block will be lifted in 59 minutes.

#2 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

I should point out that my regular Your Surveys account is still working just fine

#3 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

Well I opened a support ticket with Your Surveys. They have not responded yet, but maybe it does not matter. The Study Storm #1s have been working for me and hopefully they continue to work. Study Storm #1 never used to be connected to Your Surveys. It changed since I last took them a few years ago.

#4 Zach360

Zach360

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

Yes, Study Storm 1 is through YourSurveys. They seem to have different/unique scores between Study Storm 1 and ds5/daily YourSurvey offers/Study Storm 2. I am not sure why this is, but it has never made any difference to me. I can see why it could be annoying to actively manage 2 or even 3 different quality scores through YourSurveys, though. This is just my experience.
Posted Image

#5 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Hey Zach, thanks for replying.

I was unaware that study storm changed this much since I last took this one regularly a few years ago. It never used to be tied to Your Surveys like this. I like it better this way actually. I just hope I don't see that error message anymore.

#6 Zach360

Zach360

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

View PostMikeSol, on 15 July 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hey Zach, thanks for replying.

I was unaware that study storm changed this much since I last took this one regularly a few years ago. It never used to be tied to Your Surveys like this. I like it better this way actually. I just hope I don't see that error message anymore.

No problem. Yeah, it changed from what it was quite a while ago now.  I have only gotten that message once or twice and it was IP-related, in my case at least. YourSurveys are definitely a good way to earn and it's awesome that Storm 1 is dedicated to them now.  Good luck!
Posted Image

#7 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Your Surveys finally replied and told me I was blocked because I was using a proxy. That is not true. They also told me I would continue to remain blocked until I explained to them why I am using a proxy. Since my account is currently working and crediting fine, I decided not to respond and just leave well enough alone.

#8 Zach360

Zach360

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostMikeSol, on 17 July 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Your Surveys finally replied and told me I was blocked because I was using a proxy. That is not true. They also told me I would continue to remain blocked until I explained to them why I am using a proxy. Since my account is currently working and crediting fine, I decided not to respond and just leave well enough alone.

I had that happen, but for me it was due to a setting in the browser itself, unbeknownst to me.  I unchecked the setting, which was in Firefox at that time under network settings under advanced in options, and never happened again. Of course, now all I use is Chrome and haven't had a problem so far. Glad you are unblocked!
Posted Image

#9 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for that Zach. I went to the same place in Firefox. It is currenty set to 'use system proxy settings'. I am going to change it to 'No proxy' instead and see how that goes.

#10 Zach360

Zach360

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostMikeSol, on 01 August 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

Thanks for that Zach. I went to the same place in Firefox. It is currenty set to 'use system proxy settings'. I am going to change it to 'No proxy' instead and see how that goes.

Yep, that's the one.  If that's set, it can throw up a proxy flag. Just gotta check on it every once in a while to make sure it is set to no proxy instead.

Edited by Zach360, 02 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users