• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 slimbran

slimbran

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

I just got blocked again from completing Study Storm Surveys after completing surveys for only 5 days. I was not using a proxy at all and I was using the Chrome browser the entire time when I got blocked. Will using Mozilla firefox instead stop me from getting blocked? Can anyone tell me what browser they were using when they got blocked from completing Study Storm Surveys?

Edited by slimbran, 25 July 2020 - 11:29 AM.

#2 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9527 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

View Postslimbran, on 25 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

I just got blocked again from completing Study Storm Surveys after completing surveys for only 5 days. I was not using a proxy at all and I was using the Chrome browser the entire time when I got blocked. Will using Mozilla firefox instead stop me from getting blocked? Can anyone tell me what browser they were using when they got blocked from completing Study Storm Surveys?

In my experience, Google Chrome is one of the best browsers for surveys. As long as you go into advanced settings and make sure any proxy setting is disabled, it should be safe, barring any unknown programs or issues causing it to show an IP that isn't in your location.

Firefox is an okay browser, but, again, you have to go into advanced settings for network and ensure that Proxy settings are disabled. All browsers have proxy capabilities.

Did they give you the reason of it being a proxy last time? If they didn't specify, I would definitely inquire about more specifics on your block. Let us know any updates.

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:14 AM

Slimbran, my blocks have always been proxy related. That does not mean yours are. You need to contact them and find out why they are blocking you. If it is proxy related, here is all the places you need to check.

Windows 10 --> go into Settings and search for 'proxy settings' - make sure everything in there is off

Chrome --> This browser does not have its own proxy settings. It will only open the windows 10 proxy settings window. See above.

Firefox --> Firefox does have its own settings but I think the default is to use the windows 10 system settings. Go into Firefox's settings and search for 'proxy' or google it. I don't remember exactly where it is in the browser.

IP Address --> As I said before, you need to make sure your IP address matches the state you are in. Just google 'what is my IP address' and any of those sites should be able to tell you what state your current IP address is set to. If your IP address changes very often, then you have to keep checking before logging into Study Storm #1.

I have received a block from YourSurveys with both Chrome and Firefox so I do not believe that simply switching browsers will help you. But the important things is finding out *WHY* they are blocking you. Report back here and maybe me or someone else can help you further.

#4 slimbran

slimbran

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

I always get the proxy blocks when I use the WiFi connection from the public library. Do you think that is the problem? Do you think the public library uses proxies?

#5 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9527 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

View Postslimbran, on 27 July 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

I always get the proxy blocks when I use the WiFi connection from the public library. Do you think that is the problem? Do you think the public library uses proxies?

Yes, I bet they do. Our local library uses a VPN to mask everything. Sounds like that may be your issue.

#6 MikeSol

MikeSol

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:11 AM

I would not log into Your Surveys from any public facility. That is just asking to get blocked. However, I got a proxy block several times in a row when logging in from home through Verizon FIOS.

#7 slimbran

slimbran

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:19 AM

Your Surveys has not responded to my support ticket in more than 1 week. Do you think I should open up a new ticket or should I ask the same question on the old support ticket and end up at the bottom of the queue?

#8 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9527 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:06 AM

View Postslimbran, on 01 August 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

Your Surveys has not responded to my support ticket in more than 1 week. Do you think I should open up a new ticket or should I ask the same question on the old support ticket and end up at the bottom of the queue?

Did they resolve it? I saw you got a study storm.

#9 slimbran

slimbran

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:08 AM

No it has not been resolved. It has been 3 days past the average wait time. What should I do?

#10 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9527 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:47 AM

slimbran said:

1596301720[/url]' post='1133113']
No it has not been resolved. It has been 3 days past the average wait time. What should I do?

Check your forum messages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users